Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
Staff Pharmacist - Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40502 US
The Pharmacist will dispense medication as prescribed and guide nurses for proper use. You must have a Kentucky Pharmacist License.
The ideal candidate should have previous expertise in long-term care as well as exceptional patient-service skills. This person must have up-to-date knowledge of medical terminology, as well as chemistry and any drug interaction experience.
- Dispense medication – Complete prescription orders issued by prescribing physician. Counsel customers on reactions, side effects, dosage, and proper storage. Mix, store and make compounded medications per respective directions. Maintain strict procedures to ensure the packaging, mixing, and labeling by following mandated regulations.
- Offer expert support and guidance – Provide exceptional customer service and answer all questions around specific issues around common medical needs (i.e. diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, high blood pressure). Counsel and train patients on proper use of medical devices and supplies. Partner with healthcare professionals to review the quality and effectiveness of drugs, providing advice on usage and observed side effects.
- Manage administrative operations – Order and purchase supplies to manage stock and handling. Keep excellent records and files of patient information.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited pharmacy school.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to balance competing priorities
- KY Pharmacist License