Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
Research Associate, Analytical Development
South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Working in collaboration with other Analytical Development team members, the Senior Research Associate will support the development and execution of late-stage assays to establish efficacy (potency), safety and product quality for AAV-based gene therapy products.
- Develop and qualify analytical methods to measure and monitor key quality attributes for AAV therapeutic materials.
- Execute cell-based analytical test methods for infectivity and potency to support process development of AAV pipeline candidates.
- Execute molecular analytical test methods to characterize AAV genomes including qPCR
- Maintain cell lines and establish cell banks to support cell-based methods
- Qualify and pre-validate analytical test methods in preparation for method transfer to GMP CMO facilities.
- Write, prepare and present technical data, technical reports and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for internal use and transfer to external sites.
- Work within a cross-functional team to drive programs forward in a scientifically stimulating, patient-focused research environment.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- We are looking for a research associate who is independently motivated and detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving abilities for interrogating complex molecular entities.
- BS or MS in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or a related discipline with at least 2 years of industry experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and quantitative PCR methods required.
- Experience with viral vectors and cell-based assays is preferred.
- Experience with neuronal cell cultures is a strong plus
- Experience with plate-based and fluorescence assays is preferred
- Experience in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, biophysical characterization, and immunoassays a plus.
- Experience with kinases is a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Strong collaborative work ethic and excellent time management skills for ongoing testing in parallel with new method development, in a fast-paced, scientifically rigorous, cross-functional team environment.