Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
Research Associate, Analytical Development
Working in close collaboration with other Analytical Development team members, the Research Associate will support the development and execution of analytical methods to support our AAV product development, testing, and characterization needs.
This position will focus on analytical testing and development for the analytical chemistry group. This includes HPLC/UPLC, CE, MS, AUC, UV, and DLS based assays.
- Execute analytical test methods to support bioprocess development of AAV candidates.
- Develop and qualify analytical methods to measure and monitor key quality attributes for AAV therapeutic materials.
- Verify and pre-validate analytical test methods in preparation for method transfer to GMP CMO facilities.
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art methodologies for AAV characterization.
- Write, prepare and present technical data, technical reports and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for internal use and transfer to external sites.
- Work independently in a collaborative, scientifically stimulating, patient-focused research environment.
Requirements / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline with at least 2 years industry experience.
- We are looking for a research associate who is independently motivated and detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving abilities for analyzing complex molecular entities.
- HPLC/UPLC experience analyzing virus capsids, antibodies and/or other biologics materials by a variety of chromatographic methods (RP, SEC, IEX) and CE-based methods.
- Knowledge on physicochemical characterization techniques, including but not limited to: AUC, MALS/DLS.
- Managing contacts and communications with vendors, instrument services, software and instrument updates, and maintaining of the instruments. Including laboratory consumables related to the technical area.
- Write, prepare, and present technical data, technical reports and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for internal use and transfer to external sites.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Strong collaborative work ethic and excellent time management skills for ongoing testing in parallel with new method development, in a fast-paced, scientifically rigorous, cross-functional team environment.