Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
Pharmacy Technician (Foxborough, MA)
Foxborough, MA US
Under the direction of a registered pharmacist, this Pharmacy Technician role performs all technical duties associated with the daily operation of the Specialty Pharmacy.
- Capacity to work independently and self-manage workload to meet established goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Enters new drug orders and renewal/refill information into the computerized patient medication profile.
- Assists in maintaining adequate inventory levels in the dispensing areas
- Monitors stock for expiration dates, preparing returns for outdated drugs to wholesalers and manufacturers for credit.
- Practices appropriate inventory control and accountability procedures to ensure adequate inventory within budget constraints.
- Reports any variance from the patient record to a pharmacist.
- Clear documentation and communication via various modalities including, but not limited to in-person, telephonic, and database platforms such as PioneerRx.
- Assists Pharmacist in updating patient profile and entering prescription information into the pharmacy computer.
- Preserves patient confidentiality and abides by company HIPPA policy.
- Answers phones and provides prompt and courteous customer service, knowing when to appropriately escalate issues to upper management.
- Collects data, maintains logs, records and other documentation as required by the pharmacy
- Ability to process prescriptions, and resolve rejected claims
- Communicating with Third-party payers to resolve claim-related issues
- Assists Pharmacist in filling prescriptions by bringing stock bottles, counting, refilling Parata Pass machine, and labeling prescriptions under direct pharmacist supervision.
- Orders, receives, and stocks prescription drugs and supplies. Follows product storage procedures and standards.
- Cleans department by sweeping, mopping, spraying, wiping, and dusting per company policy and procedure.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy and licensure as a Pharmacy Technician required within two years of hire.
- Past experience as a Pharmacy Technician a plus
- Experience in billing, PioneerRx, or Parata Pass is a plus