Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
Director, Program Management, Clinical Development - Therapeutics
The Program Management team in Clinical Development is responsible for management of the clinical-stage programs from IND to licensure. Our client is seeking a motivated and energetic Program Manager to enable execution of the objectives and strategy of the Therapeutics portfolio, which includes Rare Disease, Autoimmune and Emerging Therapies and assigned clinical programs. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with Program Leaders, Program Core team and Clinical team, along with Therapeutics Leadership Team, to drive portfolio & program strategy and enable the execution of program plans. The Program manager will enable cross-functional teams in the development of novel mRNA medicines for a wide range of diseases and conditions to make mRNA a reality for patients. The successful candidate will have program management experience across multiple phases of Therapeutics clinical development.
- Be involved in high-level supervision of the portfolio and programs
- Collaborate with functional leads to define program strategy, project plans & timelines and proactively identify and escalate gaps and challenges; Manage team through scenario planning to solve problems.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (team members and leadership) to ensure alignment of functional and corporate objectives; Leverage organizational dynamics to promote program goals.
- Coordinate team efforts to develop impactful presentations to summarize complex topics into critical points to facilitate strategic planning and decision-making; Prepare program status update and governance presentations to the Development Review Committee (DRC), Therapeutic Area Review Committee (TARC) and/or Executive Committee.
- Develop and track activities against portfolio & program timelines and budget.
- Administer the day-to-day activities, including, facilitating cross-functional team meeting, leading discussions to drive decision-making, preparing agenda and meeting minutes, defining and resolving actions items.
- Work with the Portfolio Analytics & Governance team and Finance group to implement and track portfolio & program budget.
- Lead and drive Program Management initiatives to support development and scaling of capabilities, tools and processes.
- Build, mentor and train program management team to support programs, as required based on Therapeutics Portfolio strategy.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Proven track record of successful project management in therapeutics drug development across multiple phases (Phase 1-3)
- BS degree in a scientific field with a minimum of 10 years of experience or MS degree in a scientific field with at least 8 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Prior experience managing or working within cross-functional project teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility
- Laboratory experience in an academic or biotechnology setting and/or clinical operations experience is highly preferred
- Project/program management training is preferred
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and software (i.e. MS Project, Smartsheet)
- Must be adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally.
- Strong personal skills to influence without authority, motivate others and manage conflict
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project and timeline visualization software