Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
Associate Director, Research Analytics
Hybrid, Chicago, IL US
Provide leadership in overseeing research analytics at our client’s Research Center. Perform statistical programming, analysis, and data management on datasets derived from the component registries of the company’s National Database. Oversee projects of the Research Analytics team, including quality improvement, research projects, and predictive risk-adjusted model applications. Develop new statistical methodologies to be used in Research and National Database analyses. Provide leadership and expertise in statistical programming and analytics, advanced database querying, and quality assurance of post-analysis results reports. Mentor and supervise other members of the Analytics team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the development of statistical analysis plans (SAPs) and confer with investigators to finalize SAPs. Ensure best practices and methodological approaches.
- Collaborate with the database analytics team in the development of new decision tools and risk models, including enhancing existing risk models currently in use. Work in close coordination with analytic centers and consultants on risk model and quality improvement projects.
- Perform complex programming such as data transposition and macros. Combine and link multiple data sources to company datasets and derive analysis variables accurately.
- Introduce and develop statistical approaches to accommodate novel research requirements.
- Independently perform, and mentor other research center team members, in advanced research analytics including:
- Conducting longitudinal and time-to-event analyses leveraging linkages of the registries to longitudinal data such as the National Death Index and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid data.
- Applying proportional and non-proportional hazard modeling of longitudinal outcomes as appropriate.
- Applying causal inference methodologies to enhance research derived from observational data such as the company database.
- Using matching techniques and methodologies in the execution of company Research analyses.
- Oversee timelines for statistical project management. Supervise Analytics staff to ensure timely completion of projects and deliverables.
- Review analyses completed by other Analytics team members. Ensure that analytics of individual investigators’ and other parties’ (e.g., Industry) projects are conducted accurately and delivered in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other members of the team on the timely execution of harvest analytics.
- Conduct analyses and prepare reports with tabulations and graphical representations using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation to more complex methods.
- Present results in written and verbal form to requestors.
- Utilize the multiple clinical specialty research databases to derive analytical datasets for Research Center activities and programs.
- Oversee development of standardized database querying and analysis reporting templates and increase efficiency and accuracy of analytic work products.
- Oversee creation of analysis data sets in support of Research Center programs and National Database reports.
- Participate in specification upgrades of each of the registries. Ensure that the analytics changes (e.g., modification of code, input dataset preparation and recoding, and content of output reports) are appropriately tested and implemented.
- Oversee quality checks on reports to confirm accuracy and completeness of aggregated results, including cohort comparisons (post-analysis).
- Ensure, develop, and maintain accurate documentation.
- Conduct power analyses and sample size calculations for prospective proposals including grant applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in statistics, data science, epidemiology, or other related field (e.g., computer science, engineering, or mathematics) is required.
- A minimum of 8 years post-graduate related work experience in data management, data analysis, statistical programming, and report writing is required. Familiarity with healthcare and in particular cardiovascular medicine and cardiothoracic surgery fields is highly desirable. Previous experience with clinical databases/registries, or medical association environment is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in, statistical software (e.g., SAS, R, SPSS, Stata)
- Experienced in analyses employing Bayesian and Non-Bayesian methodologies
- Experience in modeling of binary outcomes, and time to event longitudinal outcomes
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and methods
- Proficiency in SQL database skills
- Significant experience with large data sets using SAS or other data management platforms (transformation and merging) and statistical methods such as classification tables, descriptive summaries, linear and logistic multiple regression, mixed hierarchical models, survival and other time-to-event analysis methods
- Able to work on any phase of a research manuscript project, from initial meeting with an investigator to final review of a manuscript prior to submission for publication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with graphical representation of data is required
- Experience in supervising analytics staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer surgeon leaders, and other organizations; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Ability to expand technical skills and familiarity with data resources to meet work requirements
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
- Limited travel may be required
- Ability to participate in evening conference calls, as necessary