Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
Associate Director, Program Management
Cambridge, MA 02139
The Program Management team in our client’ s Clinical Development Office is responsible for management of the clinical-stage programs from Lead nomination to licensure. Our client is seeking a motivated and energetic Program Manager to enable execution of the objectives and strategy of assigned clinical programs. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with the Program Leader, Program Team and Clinical Team to enable execution of the cross-functional Program strategy.
Each program manager may be assigned 1-3 programs depending on the phase of development. The initial focus of this role will be on Infectious Disease programs and based on Portfolio needs and personal development goals may also extend to support multiple therapeutic areas over time (autoimmune, rare diseases and/or oncology). The successful program manager will have program management experience across multiple phases of clinical development and experience leading cross-functional drug development teams. Program managers will help drive their program teams forward in the development of novel mRNA medicines for a wide range of diseases and conditions to make mRNA a reality for patients.
Here’ s What You’ ll Do:
- The Program manager will be involved in high-level supervision of the programs by:
- Partnering with the program leader to shape program strategy and execution plan.
- Collaborating with functional leads to define program strategy and proactively identify and escalate gaps and challenges; Managing team through scenario planning to solve problems.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders (team members and leadership) to ensure alignment of functional and corporate objectives; Leveraging organizational dynamics to promote program goals.
- Coordinating team efforts to develop impactful presentations to summarize complex topics and Program status into critical points to facilitate integration, strategic planning and decision-making at the Program Team, therapeutic area and Executive Committee levels
- Developing and tracking activities against program timelines and budget.
- Administering the day-to-day activities, including, facilitating cross-functional team meetings, leading discussions to drive decision-making, preparing agendas and meeting minutes, defining and resolving actions items.
- Working with the Finance group to implement and track program budget.
- Contributing to Program Management initiatives to support development and scaling of capabilities, tools and processes.
Here’ s What You’ ll Bring to the Table:
- BS degree in a scientific field with 10 years of experience or MS degree in a scientific field with 6-8 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Preferred: PhD or PharmD and 2+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Experience in drug development across multiple phases (Phase 1-3) with a proven track record of successful project management and leadership of cross-functional teams preferably within infectious disease
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and timeline software (smartsheet experience preferred)
- Must be adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally.
- Strong personal skills to influence without authority, motivate others and manage conflict.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude
- Preferred: Project/program management training
- Preferred: Experience with vaccine development.