Browse New and Exciting Opportunities
The Steely Group http://www.thesteelygroup.com http://www.thesteelygroup.com true
New York, NY 10002 US
Posted: 03/31/2023 2023-03-31 2023-05-01 Employment Type: Direct Hire Job Category: Admin Job Number: 3518
Our client is a New York-based clinical-stage start-up biopharmaceutical company founded by an experienced and successful biotech entrepreneur. They are seeking an Administrative Assistant who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and has experience in providing exceptional customer service, enjoys working with people and coordinating a multitude of tasks with competing priorities. Because they are a small biotech, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable. This position is onsite at client’s headquarters located in the Cure complex, 345 Park Avenue South – New York City’s tech corridor around Southern Manhattan’s Flatiron District.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Company in the form of communications, facilities, purchasing and reception. Flexibility and initiative are key as our client continues to grow.
- Support leadership staff with calendar management, scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting and processing.
- Organize office operations and procedures including document control, filing systems, and policies.
- Serve as primary point of contact for guests, building management, facilities landlord and other service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required
- BS/BA required
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in office management or as a high-level administrative assistant providing support to senior management.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint along with experience with navigating online platforms and databases.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Possess strong emotional intelligence and business acumen.
- Must be able to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Successful candidates will have a positive attitude to helping with ‘whatever needs to get done.’