Job Category: Clinical: Scientific
Job Number: 2446
Our client’ s Translational Sciences Department is looking for an experienced scientist to join their team responsible for the preclinical and translational development of their upcoming clinical stage drug candidates. You will develop the translational strategies for an epigenetic program, such as disease indication selection, PD and patient selection biomarker identification, dose/scheduling strategy, combination strategy, and drug candidate differentiation, etc. If you have successful experience in translational biomarker and IND enabling studies, this is the new role for you. Outstanding track record of scientific achievement is required. Deep understanding of epigenetics is preferred.
How you will spend your day:
- Lead the preclinical and translational development of your program from candidate nomination to phase I
- Define translational strategies for disease indication selection, PD and patient selection biomarker identification, dose/scheduling strategy, combination strategy, and drug candidate differentiation, etc.
- Lead related internal and external collaborations and serve as the point person for CROs and external collaborators
- Design and conduct MOA studies to gain a deep understanding of drug properties in order to guide clinical develop strategy
A few more key things about you:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields is required
- 4+ years of drug development experience in industry is required
- Experience in IND enabling studies and IND filing with small molecule oncology drugs are required
- Experience in preclinical and clinical translational biomarker development is required