Job Category: Clinical: Clinical Contracts/Finance
Job Number: 2736
The Director, Purchasing and Contracts will oversee activities related to the procurement of clinical, manufacturing, and administrative services as well as manage the contract administration processes for our Client. May negotiate major contracts. Partner with functional teams to monitor costs, schedule, and performance aspects of contracts.
- Develop, manage, and administer the overall purchasing program.
- Participate in multiple workstreams and ensure achievement of key milestones/business outcomes.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with third party vendors that support the functional teams.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiate pricing, business terms, and conditions.
- Develop strategy for selection of vendors in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, financial analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, technology utilization, and strategic planning.
- Review contracts for responsible areas of spend and act as an expert resource for planning and leading negotiations to ensure the consistency between the technical specifications, vendor proposals, and contractual documents.
- Escalate issues to Finance leadership and Legal in a timely manner.
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional teams. Develop a strong partnership with colleagues to understand business needs and to align on objectives and timelines.
- Deliver procurement value by achieving and validating all agreed upon cost savings and cost avoidance goals.
- Prepare and execute negotiations, aligned with business objectives to obtain best value prices, terms, and lead-times for services and goods.
- Draft Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, review vendor proposals and provide recommendations to the respective business owner(s).
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and meet organizational deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Business, Science, Engineering, Finance or Operations or related degree; MBA, CPA preferred.
- Five years of purchasing and/or outsourcing experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Purchasing experience in a small to mid-size biotech or startup organization
- Procurement certificates a plus
- Project Management experience and/or certification preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
Meet Your Recruiter