301 Binney St.
Job Category: Clinical: Scientific
Job Number: 2165
Our client is looking for a highly motivated associate scientist to join its Analytical Development group on a contract basis. The successful candidate will perform analytical tests and method development under supervision of a senior level scientist.
The Analytical Development group is part of the highly collaborative Pharmaceutical Development department and works closely with the Chemical Development and Formulation Development groups. Pharmaceutical Development develops drug substances and drug product through pre-clinical and clinical stages to supply clinical studies and develops fit-for-purpose processes from phase 1 through commercial ready.
- Independently, perform analytical testing for drug substances and drug products (including HPLC, GC, dissolution, and KF), in pre-clinical and clinical stages
- Develop analytical methods such as HPLC, GC, and dissolution with supervision
- Collaborate with process chemists and formulation scientists to provide data to support drug substance and drug product development
- Present analytical results in cross-functional CMC meetings
- Work with analytical team members to maintain lab instruments and general supply inventory
- Record and report data in a manner consistent with modern data integrity standards
- Act as a data driven, entrepreneurial scientist in a fast-paced, can-do environment
- B.S. or M.S. in Analytical Chemistry with 5-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of analytical principles used for analyses of small molecules
- Experience with HPLC, GC, Dissolution, FTIR, UV/Vis spectrometry, as well as wet chemistry techniques; experience with Empower software preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment