Job Category: Clinical: R&D Program Management
Job Number: 2732
The Program Management team in the Clinical Development Office is responsible for management of the clinical-stage programs from IND to licensure. Our client is seeking a motivated and energetic Program Manager to enable execution of the objectives and strategy of assigned clinical programs. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with the Program Leader, Core team and Clinical team to enable the execution of the set timelines. Each program manager may be assigned 1-3 programs depending on the phase of development.
The initial focus of this role will be on Oncology programs and based on Portfolio needs and personal development goals may also extend to support multiple therapeutic areas over time (autoimmune, rare diseases and/or oncology). The successful program manager will have program management experience across multiple phases of oncology clinical development. Program managers will help drive their program teams forward in the development of novel mRNA medicines for a wide range of diseases and conditions to make mRNA a reality for patients.
The Program manager will be involved in high-level supervision of the programs by:
- Partnering with the program leader to shape program strategy and execution plan.
- Collaborating with functional leads to define program strategy and proactively identify and escalate gaps and challenges; Managing team through scenario planning to solve problems.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders (team members and leadership) to ensure alignment of functional and corporate objectives; Leveraging organizational dynamics to promote program goals.
- Coordinating team efforts to develop impactful presentations to summarize complex topics into critical points to facilitate strategic planning and decision-making; Preparing program status update and governance presentations to the Development Review Committee (DRC) and Executive Committee.
- Developing and tracking activities against program timelines and budget.
- Administering the day-to-day activities, including, facilitating cross-functional team meeting, leading discussions to drive decision-making, preparing agenda and meeting minutes, defining and resolving actions items.
- Working with the Finance group to implement and track program budget.
- Contributing to Program Management initiatives to support development and scaling of capabilities, tools and processes.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- BS degree in a scientific field with 10 years of experience or MS degree in a scientific field with 6-8 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Preferred: PhD and 2+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Experience in oncology drug development across multiple phases (Phase 1-3)
- Preferred: Laboratory experience in an academic or biotechnology setting
- Preferred: Project/program management training
- Preferred: Experience with vaccine development
- Proven track record of successful project management experience supporting Oncology late-stage programs
- Prior experience managing or working within cross-functional project teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and software
- Must be adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally
- Strong personal skills to influence without authority, motivate others and manage conflict
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project and timeline visualization software